Thinking about wallpaper? My answer is, it is fabulous- let's talk...
Wallpaper is available in traditional paste and temporary 'peel n stick'. Head's up that many wallpaper installers are a bit snobby on install applications and often only work with traditional paste wallpaper, but for the avid DIY'ers, you *can* install 'peel n stick' on your own as long as you have smooth walls! Always use an online wallpaper calculator to figure out how many wallpaper rolls you need to order, as often people order too little and wallpaper is often printed to order or in limited batches, so the color saturation can be off order to order.
1. Thinking about where to install wallpaper? I LOVE wallpaper in small spaces, as you can do all four walls without overwhelming the space. Think powder room, laundry rooms, formal entryways, etc.
2. Don't forget about the option to wallpaper the 5th wall, the ceiling! I also love doing wallpaper on the ceiling for kid's rooms and even separate dining spaces. Just learn from a past mistake of mine, no peel 'n stick for ceilings, the gravity will cause it to fall down quickly!
3. Afraid of too much pattern/color? Install wallpaper above wainscoting to scale back on the amount of pattern, or go super neutral with a solid but textured grasscloth wallpaper.
4. Want to add a "wallpaper moment" without a high spend? Wallpaper the walls behind built-in shelving or add wall decals into a small nook, it is such a fun way to add a bit of color/pattern to your space!
My Go-To Wallpaper Sources:
- Milton & King has a great assortment of FUNKY wallpaper.
- Anthropologie carries a vast assortment of wallpaper, ranging from super neutral to high contrast.
- Spoonflower allows you to search their vast assortment of wallpapers submitted by various artists and/or upload your own graphic to make your own wallpaper.
- Tempaper is a great source for temporary wallpaper.