With the new year comes new interior design trends. Here are ten trends to look out for and remember if you want to reimagine your space.
1. This year, we are embracing color & pattern. I suggest doing this through your paint selection, art, tiles, and statement rugs!
2. Wallpaper, wallpaper, and more wallpaper, especially in a powder room!
3. Statement lighting! The focus is no longer on how well it lights the room; now, we care about what vibe/mood lighting creates aesthetically.
4. Earth colors = the new 'neutral'; think greens, blues, and rusts.
5. Natural stone with veining like marble, quartzite, or soapstone- either used for renovation purposes with tile and countertops or simply incorporated as decorative accessories!
6. Decorative objects with personality... let's dial up the funk and storytelling here!
7. Colorful kitchens. White will always be classic, but we anticipate seeing more cravings for color or gravitating to soft, warm, neutral colors over white.
8. Oatmeal is the new white. We're going with warm, soft off-whites, ala no more cool grays.
9. It's time to start mixing woods, and embracing the inherent imperfections of natural wood!
10. The new modern traditional look is still here to stay!